Our audiences have included health care professionals, seniors’ groups, caregivers, church groups, students, the general public, and service organizations.
“The methodology used by Target Theatre is unquestionably the most innovative and powerful educational tool I have personally experienced.”
“Whew! A great introduction to a very difficult subject. Good issues raised on stage and by the audience.”
“Target was fantastic, innovative and thought provoking. This group should be funded to go to all elder care facilities and should be a prerequisite for [any nursing] course.”
“Your play I Don’t Know You Anymore touched my heart. Through my nursing practice so far I have worked with many clients and families who are dealing with alzheimer’s. It is a struggle for the heart for all involved… Thanks again for your honest look and portrayal of life.”
“Target Theatre’s performance of I Don’t Know You Anymore was truly a highlight of… our recent provincial conference… Although it raised some very controversial issues, and the ensuing discussion was quite emotional, I thought it might interest you to know that Target Theatre received glowing praise from participants attending the conference. Just a sampling of the comments we received:
- Thought provoking. Good for discussions afterwards with other caregivers (ethics, etc.)
- This has stimulated me to think, rethink and think again about this subject. Do I want someone to tell me what to do or stop me from acting on my feelings? If I need love and compassion and passion, I would hate for someone to stop me if I was consenting.
- Whew! A great introduction to a very difficult subject. Good issues raised on stage and by the audience. We need to talk more about this.
“Thank you all so much for helping to make our conference a success.”
“The Target Theatre Society drama presentations were excellent. What a creative and powerful use of drama to show the challenges of caregiving in Alzheimer’s disease! I hope to see them again (in the) future… They added so much to the conference.”
- This is an excellent way to train staff…
- You have provided insight into interaction and action to assist in diffusing a situation, showing empathy (while) including client and family in the process.
- A wonderful way to learn approach and communication skills with AD individuals.
- I wish all families could see this one! It might make that difficult situation a little easier.
- Target was fantastic, innovative and thought provoking. This group should be funded to go to all elder care facilities and should be a pre-requisite for the p.a.c. LPN RN course.